Friday, December 23, 2011

Some Conspiracy Theory Links...

These are links explaining how to construct a good conspiracy. Anyone who finds themselves believing the bevvy of conspiracy theories swirling around out there today really ought to read through a few of these.

First there is the word

Pareidolia



Here is a really good article that goes into detail about the various elements that conspiracy theory authors will use to convince an audience of their story:


Here is a great, concise article on how not to be suckered by the people pushing conspiracy theories:


You know I'm really getting tired of trying to debunk bad logic. So many conspiracies are based on a negative assumption. I can't prove a negative. I can't prove to you that Bill Gates is not trying to euthanize the world with vaccines. I can tell you with 99.999999% certainty that he is not, but there is always that minute possibility that he is in fact an evil serial killer and so good at it that no one is catching him.

I can't prove to you that the government is not rounding people up ad hoc and forcibly vaccinating them. Sure there is absolutely zero fact-based evidence to prove this is happening, but that doesn't mean the government isn't doing it, and they are just so good at covering it up that no one has found out.

Staggering. It is amazing to me what people will choose to believe. I shake my head...

No comments: